Whenever I join a new team, or start a new project, I really like to ensure good-process is in place.
Having just joined Hiilite I got a chance to play with some great new tools. Some make really good sense, and others will make sense after I start using the religiously. I will post updates as I go.
Producteev – Task Management Software (Web and Desktop)
This is a great tool for tracking and assigning tasks.
- Ability to share tasks with a team
- Cannot assign sub-tasks to people
Toggl – Time Tracking Software (Web and Desktop)
This is an awesome tool for keeping track of billable tasks. Heck, it is even really good at timing tasks like this. I started this blog post 4 minutes and 16 seconds ago and will know exactly how long it takes me to write a quick update.
I just downloaded the desktop app, and will write a brief review later.
– Super easy
– Super quick
– Continues even if you close down your browser window
For those of us on Macs that have been using Parallels or VM Ware to virtualize Windows, just to run Simply Accounting or Quickbooks.
- Web based
- Integrates with a bunch of other systems
- Fairly easy to understand
- Complete accounting package
- Does not do recurring automatic payments (this is a big fail)